Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Year and a Whole New Format...

I started this blog last year as a way to get myself back into the wine business, and boy, am I glad I did.  I have had an absolute blast trying many of the wines posted, and I'm even more excited about my new adventure.  I decided I needed to make a change and really follow another one of my passions.  If you know me, you know there are really only 3 things I am truly passionate about in this world: Music, Women, and Wine, and not in any particular order, they all please me equally.  Now, I am already a professional DJ and I have the opportunity to listen to all the new music every week, and reach back for those old classics to entertain people at parties each and every weekend.  I recently got engaged to my favorite woman in the world,  and we are going to get married up in Lake Placid, in September.  I am excited to spend my life with the woman I love so passionately.

So that leaves me with one passion left virtually unexplored.  Wine.  I first found my passion for wine at the Wine Cellars of Bernardsville, then in Millburn, then at Artisan, Bread, Wine, & Cheese in Chester, NJ.   At Artisan, I really honed my skills for detecting good wines from bad wines, a corked wine from an oxidized wine , and great values from overrated wines.  I had a great teacher and realized that I need to learn as much as I can possible learn about wine, wine making, and wine sales, so I can teach the new world of wine drinkers and connoisseurs at the very least how to make value wine picks.  So, I am going to be taking Advanced Wine Classes at the International Wine Center this winter.  I plan to  earn a scholarship for doing great in the class, so I can move on to the Diploma class and become a Master of Wine.  Currently there are only about 250 Masters of Wine in the U.S., and I hope to become the first from NJ... of course, I know there are a few people in line ahead of me, and I wish them all the best!

In addition to taking classes, and writing about wines, I will be working on my Vin Vlog for NotableWine.com.  It is in it's very early stages, and may take me a while to really get up and running, since I will be going through some intensive training over the next few months... but I will be sure to keep you updated as often as possible, and who knows,  I may be able to get some amazing footage during my classes!

So stay tuned, and tell your friends who love wine or are interested in learning more about it... this will be the Best Wine Blog in the World!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift Shop