Sunday, December 13, 2009

Italian Supervino, Introducing Mr. Brunello Di Montalcino!

How I love Brunello Di Montacino!  Is it because you can't find a good bottle of this excellent style for under $30?  No, but unfortunately true.  Is it because I come from Italian roots, and there are a few drops of Brunello in my blood? Possibly.  Or could it be that Brunello is to Italy what a fine Bordeaux is to France? Hmmm, I think so.  I couldn't believe how well they went with a steak dinner we usually pair with Brunello's French counterpart.

As we started the tasting we had the new crisp 2008 Ferrari Carrano Fume Blanc.  Always a crowd pleaser.  Very tasty with a nice balance of acidity and fruit, slightly more acidic though.

 Then we had the 2005 Allegrini, Palazzo Della Torre, as our opening red.  It was a very nice start, great to drink with any hearty italian meal.

Then we tried the 2003 Camigliano Brunello Di Montalcino.  Still so young, I felt wrong drinking it, but thank goodness the tasting lasted 4 hours, so we got to try it and really experience this excellent Brunello open up with outstanding characteristics.

51421.jpg

I had a similar but much more enjoyable experience with our next, the 2003 Argiano Brunello Di Montalcino.  Right out of the bottle, I could tell this was a winner, and boy, a few hours in, this baby showed so much body and character, it was the reason the tasting lasted so long!  For the extra few bucks I personally would take this Brunello to dinner on any and all special occasions (if I was a one wine guy, which I'm not, so that statement was pretty bogus, huh?)... well then, if you like Brunello, you will love this one, that's all I can say.


                                                            72453.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift Shop