Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vacation Wines

So what do you drink when you take a cruise in the Caribbean?  Well, first order of business, a pina colada by the pool works really nice! :)  But since this is a wine blog, I should tell you about some of the wines I had on the cruise.  We ordered a 7 bottle package of their higher quality recommended wines, and found a few decent ones that we recognized that are worth mentioning... of course we paid higher than retail prices, but what can you do?

Silverado Sauvignon Blanc, Napa - $20 
This wine has great citrus and acid components, but I don't think it is the best wine for my bucks, especially at the on board price, however it was one of the better choices they had.  Your wine experience is all relative to your overall experience, and although this is not my favorite wine, it was great while we were drinking it!   It was a great aperitif and went well with a crab cake appetizer.


Spellbound Cabernet Sauvignon, CA - $17
You should be able to find this great cabernet for less than this price, and I think it's worth every cent.  It was a very elegant, lighter style cabernet sauvignon.  Very easy drinking over the 2 nights we had it, and went very well with filet mignon and NY Strip Steak.  Unfortunately they ran out of it the night we ordered it for the second time, so we had to settle for something else.  This was the best wine in our selection.

So now that I am back from vacation, I decided to take this wine thing a little more seriously.  I will be taking WSET classes and obtaining my Advanced Certificate over the next few months, so I will have many exciting wines to share with you, regardless of price... but don't worry, I am still in search of the Best Wines For My Bucks, and will continue to find them for you! Cheers and Buon Bere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift Shop