Saturday, December 19, 2009

Italian Wines, Round 2

It is always a pleasant surprise when I take that ride up to Blairstown to visit my friend Tony!  I was only going for a short visit, to help him with some audio/visual equipment, but of course he felt the need to make my visit worthwhile by opening a few great Italian Reds!

The two we tried this week were the Allegrini Palazzo Della Torre - 2006, and Allegrini La Grola - 2006.



Both wines were excellent.  This vintage far surpasses the 2005 right out of the bottle, and I believe given a few years, these wines will truly blossom fabulously!  The La Grola was much more ready to drink, with no bite, very smooth, elegant and fruit forward style.  Both were excellent compliments to the lasagna we ate as a little snack... but even when the food was gone, I couldn't put my glass down!  The Palazzo seemed much better balanced than the previous vintage and the label even looked a bit more elegant... Keep up the good work Ms. Allegriini!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite producers! I'd like to try their high end juice!

    ReplyDelete

Gift Shop